Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Another Baptism!



Hey There Mommy and Daddy!! :) So it sounds like you are all having a great time! :) Who all went?? I am jealous! I really would like to go! It sounds like y'all are having a ton of fun! Next family vacation??? :P But that is so cool that you are getting to spend some time in Mexico I would love that! I am happy for you that you are having such a great time though! You will have to tell me all about it! Sounds like an adventure!
Well so I was hoping you all could update me on where Lindsay is at with her mission papers! Is she done yet?? I'm really hoping she will get her call sometime soon! So keep me updated on that.
 So I've decided that I am at least going to send in the application to BYU... I've already done this much. Whether or not I will go if I get accepted is another story.. .I have got some tough decisions to make. I've realized that God does not control us, or tell us what to do at all times. But he lets us make decisions.. I think I understand my answers to prayers a little more clearly now.. He approves the things that we want to do. There can be more that one option. He lets us chose.. What is important to Him is that we are following the Gospel. So I now understand why I feel like I should go to BYU, why I feel like I should be at home, why I feel like I should go to LSU, and why I feel like I need to be with Melissa.. They are just options and he has approved all of them because he knows that all of them will take me to where I need to be... There is more than one way to skin a cat. There is more than one way to do things in this life. God has given us our Agency, our free will, and we have to learn how to act upon it.   Wherefore, the Lord God gave unto man that he should aact for himself. Wherefore, man could not bact for himself save it should be that he was centiced by the one or the other.. (2 Nephi 2:16).. So that is a principle I am gradually learning. And it is hard for me... Because sometimes I wish he would just tell us what to do.. But that is why we have the commandments and the Gospel. The rest is up to us.
So Elder Kay is going to the doctor today. Right now they have no idea what is wrong. The past couple days we have not left the house...  I love him. He is such a great guy! I really hope that you guys can meet him! Please pray for him. He, President Morgan, and I shared a tender moment in President's car the other day as we were driving to a meeting with the Stake Presidency.
So the baptism for Michelle this weekend was awesome!! A little hectic but really good! They were supposed to get there at 4 to have the baptism interview.. They got there at 5;30 (the time the baptism was supposed to start) and it did not start till like 6:15. Oh and her Grandfather, Hermano Bucay was supposed to baptize her, and last minute he could not come because of work issues so I ended baptizing her. I felt bad for her, because I know how bad she wanted her Grandfather to do it. But overall it was amazing! :) The spirit was super strong. 3 different times during the service Michelle cried. She felt so good! She is such a great girl! Extremely smart! and extremely spiritual! Now we are going to start working on reactivating her family.

Well that is about it for this week! oh one more question. Mom did you get the message President Morgan left you? We had a meeting with him this past Saturday and he said he called you. Ok well that is it! :) I love you all! Hope you are all doing great! You are in my prayers! I will see you soon! Mom hope you enjoyed your trip! and Dad I hope you are holding up the house well! :) LOVE YOU ALL! :)
Love Elder Mattei

No comments:

Post a Comment