Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lots of Stuff Running Through My Head Lately

Hey Dad! Well I am going to reply to both yours and Mom's emails this week :) 

So wow.,.. Did not know you guys were going out west! That is fun! Not going to lie I am a little jealous! That is so cool that you guys are getting to have so much fun and spending time with the Barnes family,... Actually I have been considering going out to school in Provo,  either at UVU or BYU. I would really like to go to BYU. I want to study Communications and also Religious teaching.... And I would maybe like to work at the MTC or something.. IDk . Lots of stuff running through my head recently. 

So the area is doing really good! We have a really big ward mission plan that we are working on right now, that involves the members a lot more than things that we have tried in the past. I love the area! I am really fond of Elder Fox. He is a great guy! Last night we received a call from President Morgan. I answered and he asked to talk to Elder Fox.. Turns out his Aunt and her daughter died last night in a car accident... he took it really well. I felt so bad for him though. :( Such a strong kid. I am really excited to take over this area with him! I can just see how things are going to sky rocket here! I would really like to spend at least 3 cycles here but we will see what happens. All of the members here are really nice! I cannot even begin to explain it... Seriously some of the nicest people in the world live here... A person could not help but love everyone here :) I already like this area more than I did the Bronx.  Stamford is so cool! Oh and Mom! Before I forget! I will be sending the memory card home hopefully this week :) So be expectiong that! 

So on the 11th of Augst we have a bap date for Gizzelle. She is a 9 year old girl. She is so excited! I feel the spirit so much each and every time we go over there to teach her. She is awesome! Her prayers... Wow she just makes me want to cry.. Such a sincere and humble little girl! I think I now understand what Christ meant when he said "Be as the little Children. For theirs is the Kindom of heaven! " 

We have a lot of really good potentials... We could easily have 5 baptisms in August! :) The people are ready! We are teaching these Brazillian sisters! Bruna and Amanda! they are really cool! Bruna has felt the Spirit. But we are now just waithing on her to be ready to be baptized.. Because she was baptized like 2 years ago in her dad's church and she felt like she was forced.. So we are making sure it is her decision. But she knows the things we say are true :) Their mom is a LA  Less Active  who is coming back to church :) 

So last week we had interviews with President Morgan :) He is such a great guy! He invited me over to make gumbo for them sometime! So mom resend me the recipe! :) We talked for quite a while! I really like him! He is just so humble. :) I really hope you guys get to meet him and President Smith at some point! :) 





So yeah.. Not a lot of time. As you guys can probably tell by now. The upstate emailing is a little more difficult :/ But I just want to let you guys know I am doing good! and I am hanging in there. Even with the whole Melissa thing. I have good roommates, 2 good companions, and my Heavenly Father :) So I am good :) Thank you both mom and Dad for your words of encouragement and comfort :) They mean a lot! :) Both of you are awesome parents :) I hope you guys are enjoying your vacation! Stinks that I can't be there with you! But I would rather not be anywhere else in the world :) I love it here! I love the people and what I am doing! It has changed my life :) The Gospel is everything to me. Christ is everything to me. And i am grateful that you brought me up in the church and always encouraged/ not forced, encouraged me to choose the right :) Thank you! I am forever in debt to both of you :) I hope one day I can be as good of a parent as the two of you are to me :)

I love you all! Tell my friends I say I for me if you see them! And tell the Barnes hello as well! :) 

Love you all! Love Marky Poo :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment