Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Still Chillin' in New Rochelle

Hey everybody how are you all doing?

I am great! Still chillin' here in New Rochelle with Elder Kay. Neither one of us were moved! So who knows how much longer I will be here, I may finish here or I may get transferred my last cycle! So I am going to keep this extremely short that way I have more to tell you all next week! Plus I have not received an email yet today lol! But I never got my 12 days of Christmas package that you said you sent.. I received the Tree and the box from Granny (Thank you very much by the way) :) but I never saw anything more than that. And we live with the office Elders so they have been checking for it daily.. IDK, did you send it or... yeah. I just really hope that it is not lost somewhere in the mail. So please let me know! I will be getting on tonight to check my email again so we can talk about it then.

Apart from that I am excited for Christmas, and more than excited to talk to all of you! I need to know what time will be best. We will be using a member's computer. So please let me know! :) I was thinking around like noon my time? What do y'all think? Whatever is most convenient for you all! 

So they are opening up a Portuguese area here in our ward. They will cover the same exact areas as us. Which is like 5 cities, the 3 biggest being New Roch, Mount Vernon and Port Chester. So that will be nice to have more than just the 2 of us in the ward. :) 

Monday night I saw Hermana Mena from the Stamford ward. She is the bishop's wife. We were walking around in Port Chester at night and she basically jumped out of her car to come and say hi to me! :) That was really nice seeing her! Then last night we came to the chapel to attend a meeting for a missionary in our ward who is preparing to depart for his mission to California. Renato Villa, he reports to the MTC today. He is the son of the Bishop here. It was really nice being able to talk to him, and contribute my thoughts and feelings about what a mission is. Then while we were at the meeting there was a Sister who came in that was about to be released by President Taylor (Stake President of Westchester Stake). It was weird talking to her, knowing that would be me in just a few short months... 

We did a Secret Santa gift exchange between the missionaries here in our Zone. I bought Elder Vanner a remote control Helicopter. It is way sick and only 10 bucks. I might go buy me one. But knowing me I would probably break it! And Elder Pickard bought me a glass chess set. So looks like I am going to learn how to play chess :P I have completely forgotten. Dad you taught me years ago. All I can remember now is the the little horsey moves in a L shape lol! I was most impressed with the gift Elder Kay and Elder Eliason made for another missionary, Elder Stevens.. They made him a bull whip! It is way cool! Elder Kay has one too, but the one they made him is super legit. I am thinking I am going to make one for myself. 

So I will be sending my S.S. their gift hopefully by tomorrow! I hope it gets there by Chistmas Eve :) 

Shot Calls came Sunday night, and it appears that Elder Eliason will not be living with us anymore and that he will be going down to finish his mission in South Manhattan. I am really happy for him! He has wanted that for a long time! As for me I am doing just great! Nothing at all to complain about! I love and miss you all! Hope all is well and I am pumped to talk to you all next week! Love you! 


And yes, I did hear about the shootings :( Newtown is in our Mission. :( That made me really sad... I think I said one of the most sincere prayers of my life after I heard about it. I still can't believe it.. I could literally write a whole page with my feelings... But I will refrain. There was a son of a family in the Yorktown stake who died :( It makes me sick knowing someone could do that to a bunch of innocent little kids. Moroni 8 gives me so much comfort! Knowing that all those little children will be redeemed because of the grace of the Savior..

IDK how to skype. When I get on tonight you write out and tell me what will be best. You can do it from FACEBOOK? I did not know that. 

Well I think I hit everything else! I miss and love you all! Love Marky! :) 

Love Mark! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment