Thursday, December 6, 2012

The End is Coming

Dear Mom and Dad! How are you both doing?? :) So I am going to try and answer all of the questions that you both asked me! I am not feeling too hot today but, I will try to make this email interesting! So Mom first of all don't be grouchy! lol! J.k! I don't know about you guys but I am really excited for Christmas!! I am so pumped to call home! So do you want good news first or bad news first?? Well I guess you really don't get to choose because this is an email, so I will start with the optimism. Well Mom it will be for you at least, I don't really know how I feel about it.. I am coming home the week of the 5th of March.. So a week earlier than I thought. Apparently that is going to be a 5 week cycle, because of the influx of new missionaries that will be coming in... There will be 40 coming into the 14 going home... Last conference really pumped some people up! So yeah, I am still not sure of the exact day, but I am fairly certain I will be gypped off a 2 year mission by a day or 2 lol! But it's good to know there are so many people willing and ready to serve.


The bad news is that Michelle will not be getting baptized this week, not even this month :( Her bap is pushed to the 4th of January, due to some issues with the chapel being used, and her family wants her to be more prepared. So it is still going to happen. Just not this weekend. We were invited to the English Ward Christmas party though... So the free food will help heal the wound a little bit lol! 

So this week we had Zone Conference, it was really good! I liked it a lot! Elder Johnson from the Seventy came to speak to us! We talked about how we could develop ourselves into being better missionaries. So it helped a lot! The spirit definitely  makes everything worth it!  It was good to see a lot of the friends I have made... It's weird though... I don't know anyone anymore.. I'm getting old. I still feel like I am a greenie though.. I really do not want the end to come.. I am scared! I have no idea what is going to happen!  Elder Mattei has been out longer than most of the missionaries in his area, so he does not know most of the newer ones.  It is becoming more apparent that "the end" of his mission is getting closer.   This can be a "scary" and confusing time for a missionary as he is still trying to focus on the work at hand, but is beginning the process of transition and begins to think about life after the mission. 

So with that said, I don't know if I will die here or if I will die with Kay. Dying refers to the end of the mission.   Anything can happen. I have never been so unsure about transfers. I don't feel like I am am going to get moved.. But it is possible.. I would really like to go back for my last cycle and die in Harlem. 

So today for Pday we played Dodgeball and had a Christmas breakfast in our Pajamas with the Zone. Elder Kay and I cooked. It was a lot of fun! We played dodgeball last week as well! Then a couple weeks ago we hung out with Elder Lewis! Next week we will be going to the city to see the Tree in Rockefeller Center. We don't have a tree in our apartment so that kind of stinks :/ I am half tempted to go to my old Bronx apartment and ask for my tree back lol! But I won't do that. 

So I bought Taylor Swift's Christmas Album from Target last week! IT IS SO GOOD! :) I freaking love her! haha! Sorry that's my random thought of the day! 


So Dad you asked what my favorite areas have been.. It's easy to say. As much as I loved them all. Harlem # 1, then Stamford, then the Bronx. And so far this is my least favorite. Not saying at all that I don't like it.. it's just not the same. I liked Stamford a lot! The thing that makes this place good is who all I am living with. But not going to lie.. having 3 missionaries who are about to go home in 1 apartment is not the best idea.. It makes it really hard on me. But I miss my old areas a lot! I talked to Hermana Baltazar on the phone the other night and that was really nice! That made me happy! But this mission is amazing! I have made such good friends. The hard part will be staying in contact with everyone.. some of my best friends I have, have been made here. I just wish you guys knew them. I miss my boys back at home a ton as well though. I am so excited to see them again! 

So I do want to go to the Broadway show. Will you look at Ticket prices in Feb on a Wednesday afternoon?  I really need to get them soon, I need to go talk to the Denisens who work in the office and have them buy them. Elders Baba, Stratton, Peterson and I will be the ones going if we can get tickets. So as of right now that is still what I want for Christmas. but none of them are willing to pay more than 100 buckaroos, so if the tickets are too much and out of their price range I will have no one to go with. So I will just have y'all send me money for Christmas in that case. But mom you can do a 12 days of Christmas thing again! I really enjoyed that last year! :) 

So yup that is the life! :) I am just about done with my Essays, so I will send them to you in a little bit mom so you can tell me what you think! 

This week we went to our investigator Lourdes' house. It was her daughter's birthday, and some members who were in Stamford are related to them so I got to see them so that was really nice! They were the ones who gave me their phone to call Hermana Baltazar lol! But when I got here they were already teaching Lourdes and her family, so I don't think it was any coincidence that I came! All things happen for a reason! Mckeon taught me that! :) 

Both of my suits are in decent shape. They have a few problems.. But I just wanted a grey more fashionable suit... haha I think that is the one thing you will find a little different about me when I get home.. I am more into fashion now. You can thank Elder Hellberg, Elder Eliason, and Elder Lewis for that.... And Portillo. And Just New York in General.. It kind of rubs off on you. so yeah lol!

So that's about it! I am good! I am happy! and I am hungry! So I am going to go eat now! I miss and love you all have a great week! :) 

Love Elder Mark Mattei! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment