Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spanish Coming Along Quickly!

Hey :) So yeah about Mckeon he has been writing me and stuff on my email day so I get to read his emails to me and write him a little bit. So yeah I am in the same zone/District Mckeon was in. Elder Essler one of the other Elders in my zone showed me a picture of the two of them  - crazy! He also gave me a pass down that Mckeon gave to him! It's a little light up toy and Mckeon signed it so I am actually thinking about keeping it lol! Or I will give it to RJ or Jackson! Then one of them can keep it! But I also took a picture of the Narnia hole Mckeon signed! Don't have time to explain what that is right now lol!  (For those of you not in the know - McKeon is Mark's good friend who is currently serving in Mexico.  He just left the MTC in February;  RJ and Jackson are his friends who will be entering the MTC on April 6.  RJ is going to Toulouse, France and Jackson is going to Moscow.)  But yeah things are awesome! Small world huh? So yeah thank you for the cookies and the Dr. Pepper I was going to send a letter to Tre for some but the goof didn't write his address in my book. :) But I loved the Dr. Pepper and cookies so thank you.  ( Mark was DYING for some caffeine.  I never realized how much he drank soda and there's this wonderful place in Provo that delivers all kinds of goodies to the MTC, even warm cookies!) Tell people to write me! Letters are the best!

So ask Tre if he knows someone named Logan Hellquist or something like that that goes to BYU. I remember he told me he had a friend who was going to the same mission as me and he never told me anything more about it. My buddy Elder Kay said that his friend lives in the same dorms that Tre does and he said that they were like best friends in High school so I just thought that would be pretty awesome if Tre knew him.  Oh and thank both you and Dad for the Letters!

So everything this week is going good. I spoke spanish for like thirty minutes straight yesterday!!! It was pretty cool then later at night we had a Testimony meeting in our district in Spanish! Our whole district is learning really fast! I don't know if I told but we are in an excelled program, or a pilot program that the MTC is planning on switching too. We are catching up to some of the Districts in front of us as far as Spanish goes. I had a really spiritual experience the other day and that was awesome! The spirit is awesome here! But yeah not much has happened just learning a ton! Never worked so hard in my life. Oh and I make my bed and keep my room clean... Who would have thought?  lol! I like it here. Miss home but it is all good cuz I love it here! Waking up and seeing the mountains is awesome! Jackson and Rj need to hurry up and write me and get here!

So yeah I get along best with Elder Kay and Elder Eliason! Both have told me that I remind them of some of their freinds back home so I guess that's a good thing lol! They are hilarious! I can really relate and talk to the both of them. My companion is cool, but gets a little edgy sometimes and can be way too serious at times, but it's good because I think he helps keep me in line. I love the kid to death! He has a great heart and I had a really cool experiance with him this week. We work really well together especially when we are teaching. It's amazing how much I can recall from Seminary/ going on the splits with the Missionaries I feel like I know my way around the scriptures really well! But I can only get better and I know thats why I am here is to make myself the best missionary possible! I wish I had more time to write, but sadly I got to go :( I love and miss you all. Give Garrett a big hug for me! I was thinking about him a ton last night! Send a memory card because I am sending one tomorrow to get you all some pictures as well as probably a letter! Love you all and God bless! see you soon!

Love Elder Mattei aka S.P. ( Haha My friends will get that one) :P

P.S. Don't have too much fun without me! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment