Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Answer my Questions, Please!


Mommy!! HI Hi!! 

so a lot of new stuff going on this week! Things are ridiculously awesome/hard I am going to try to summarize because I do not have too much time today!

Well number one the reason my emails have been shorter is because 1, Elder Hellberg always wants to go somewhere and do something, as do I, but we manage to get it all done. And 2, because I am running out of things to say! Haha I mean not exactly, but I can only tell you as much as what has happened and as much as I have on my mind!

Well this week was a bit of a rough week! Things in our Trio have been a little rocky at times. 3 different ideas being tossed around, each one of us wanting  to do or work in our own way. And instead of one person getting shut down its two. So yeah it has been a little difficult but we are doing a good job at getting past it and talking it out. We all have our differences, but this is by far my hardest cycle so far. Elder Hellberg and I are great friends but we definitely have our differences. But a great kid with a great heart, if you want something done it will get done if you ask Hellberg and he is going to love you no matter what! And Elder Huerta is just my favorite little Mexican ever lol! Way funny kid!

But anyways so we have 2 great new investigators! One is named Belkis! she just had her baby last night and we are going to visit her tonight at 7! I am way excited! We gave her a blessing last week sometime! I still don't know her very well, because I missed the first lesson we had with her! She seems really nice though! And Elder Huerta and Hellberg have said just some of the most amazing things about her!

Then there is Edgar... Edgar is a Catholic priest... Or should I say was a Catholic priest. He is a very strong Catholic and a very smart man! He is not a priest anymore. He was working with a Bishop in Brooklyn whose sister just got baptized in our Ward. So he brought Edgar to General Conference here and we started talking to him! He thought the idea of a prophet was very interesting. He is still a very strong Catholic. He has a lot of questions. Most of them we have been able to answer! I am just glad I know a lot about Catholic History and did my studying before my mission... I now know there was a reason for all that! He loves the idea of the Book of Mormon! We shared with him some Scriptures from the Bible and he just was like "Wow" I have never heard those before! He is a very logical person... Not as much Spiritual, but that is something that he told us he is hoping to find! Because he was always discouraged to do so before. The only problem he is having right now is accepting the apostasy. We have taught him a lot about it! And plan on talking with him more! There is a member in our ward who was in the Catholic Seminary about to become a priest when he found the missionaries. So he told us he was going to help us explain. So far we have done a pretty good job... I mean really though after this is all said and done, the only way he will be able to know for himself is to read and to pray which he told us he will do! And I know if he does, and does so with a sincere desire and open heart God will answer his long desired prayer! :) He is such a nice guy! Catholic priests really are such great people! Because they have that desire to follow Christ! And that is why I love all people who have a desire to do good! Because they want to be a better person! And I know that this man will find what he is looking for! That he is going to find that missing piece! And I am grateful for this chance we have to teach him because it is going to be a great experience where I will have the opportunity to become stronger spiritually! :)

So yeah other than all that not too much is going on here! Just preparing for winter! And don't worry I will buy all the winter stuff I need! Just send me the boots and my Colts beenie to sleep in and I will be good! Actually and socks too, because I would not know a good place where we can go to find them!

So Transfers are not next Wednesday, but in 2 weeks from today! Crazy how fast time is flying! This time Elder Huerta is going to be leaving for sure! He only has 3 cycles left! He was here for a year! How ridiculously awesome is that?? I will be sad to see him go! We have become such great friends!

But really I am so excited for Tre! He is going to do such great things! He is a great kid with a great heart!! :)

And mom start answering my questions lol! You never really do! Haha so go back to last weeks email and answer what you did not answer lol! Do like I do, if there is something I want to say I write it in a notebook so I don't forget to email it on Wednesday! Just write down the questions I ask :P Haha! I know I am bad at it too!

Oh and no I did not get school pictures so if you would like to send those to me that would be awesome!

And Yes Mom the Text was very funny! HAha Don't worry I did what it asked! I was really happy! I was like in the middle of Church when I got it! The phone went off during Priesthood lol! I was like huh??? Then I looked at the number and everything clicked lol! But really tell Nichole I am so happy for her and she is in my prayers! Seriously that made me happy to hear that! Just let her know all will be fine and no matter what happens the Lord is with her and he knows exactly what she will be going through. :) She is an awesome person! Make sure you let her know I said that!

So yes I know all about the Cardinals and LSU! Elder Willis is a huge Bama fan! We are counting down until the game! haha! But yeah I call this thing called “Tell me” and see how the games were whenever I call in to see what the weather is going to be like for the next day! So I stay updated with who won and lost! Nothing more! So if you could do me the honor of informing me on the NCAA Football, NHL, MLB, and NFL I would much appreciate it! :) I have become an even bigger sports fan now that I am not able to watch it! :/ But its all good! It will keep me busy when I get back! I am praying the Cards take the World Series! and LSU keeps an undefeated season! I want the same miracles that Greg got on his mission with the Saints! The place I want to see it the most though is with the Blues! haha!

Oh and I don't know if I told you all! But I want one of those picture slideshow things like Grandma and Grandpa have! I would like one for Christmas! :)

Oh..And GET MY NET!!! I don't care what you have to do! it was 150$ Message Ethan Schnitzler on my facebook or contact his mom or something! Just get it! I am not joking! It better be there when I get home! lol! But seriously! If you can do something about it this week! It would make me really happy to hear that it is safely back in the Garage next week when I get my email! :)

Okay yall! :P Well not much else to say! Pray that Edgar accepts Baptism when he finds out these things are true! I am praying that will be by next Tuesday when we see him again! :) He is the closest we have right now! And its going to take a lot of Faith! :) But hopefully we have a nice meeting with Belkis tonight! that would be real nice! she also has 2 daughters and her Mom is interested! So a total of 4 in that family! So far I have only met her! :) Things are good! We are working hard! :)

Well let me know how you all are doing! Take care of Thomas! I love that little guy! He needs all the help he can get from the family to get through these hard times he is having at school! Mom I am glad to hear about your job! I told you all things would work out for the better!
Okay well keep me updated! I am going to try to write Elder Burgoyne back and Greg really quick!! :) Burgoyne finishes in 7 days!! Okay Love you all! :) Love, Elder Marky Mattei! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment