Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First Letter Home

Hey Mom, Dad and family!  First day was awesome!  The Spirit is really strong.  My companion is Elder Scaife.  He is really cool and really smart.  A bit nerdy though.  Same with all of my roommates, but I love them and they are really funny. I can't remember the other two's names so I will let you know soon.  They are awesome though!  My MTC teacher, Brother Cambridge???, was McKeon's teacher too!  Crazy and that kid that we saw in the temple in Salt Lake is in my mission - not in my district, though.  I ran into him.  His name is Elder Smith.  Today I lost my meal card in like 10 minutes - lol!  I found it though so it's all good.  I am excited to learn the language and I am excited to teach the Gospel.  It's going to be awesome!  I love the spirit and the people here.  I already feel welcomed!  I love you guys and I hope all is well!   I will write again pretty soon hopefully.

Next day - 

I love you all.  I love it here and I am doing fine. My companion and roommates are awesome.  We all get along well and we are all going to NY.  The other two's names are Elder Sorenson and Elder ______.    Elder Venter and Elder Key are the other 2 in my district.  Elder Venter is really goofy, but really funny.  I am learning Spanish pretty well.

Yo soy un misinario de la Iglacida de Jesu Cristo de los Santos de las Ultimas Dias!  Yo testifico que Dios vive!  Yo se' que Jose Smith es un profeta de Dios!  Yo se' que El Libro de Mormon es la parabla de Dios!  I love you and I will see you all soon!

Much love from Provo,  Elder Mattei

No comments:

Post a Comment