Wednesday, June 13, 2012

South Manhattan

Dear Mommy..   I am a lazy sack today. I am so tired... So I will write what I can. Don't be surprised if this is a short email. lol! Just know that I am good and happy! :)   Well anyways.. Today we got to go to South Manhattan. We got permission because Elder Eliason had to exchange some really nice shoes his Dad bought him. They were the wrong size, so we got to go to Rockefeller Center to do that. Then we went to Macys! Elder Eliason bought a nice Citizen Watch. I got a nike T shirt lol! They had some really good Fathers Day Sales. We should definitely go shopping there after my mission. IT is a really cool store! It is so huge! But we did that and walked by the Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden. Then we took the 1 train down to go to the World Trade Center Memorial. That was really cool. It was really pretty and really peaceful. I could also see the new Memorial Building they are building there. IT is so Tall! lol! It was really cool. We saw a lot of Members from Different parts of the country, that stopped and talked to us along the way. You can definitely spot out the tourist from the people that actually live in NYC lol! IT is actually kind of funny to watch.   But while I was at the Memorial site, you could look up names of people who had died. I could not find any Mattei's but I did find 1 Haydel couple. Harold and Betty Haydel. I don't know if there is any corespondence. But I just know how big dad is into Family History and IDK lol! But that place was really cool. Very very peaceful. And very spiritual as well.   But anyways glad to hear everyone is good! And that Greg got a car and Todd is doing well in school! That really made me happy :)   Well Sunday is Norgeli's baptism! :) We are really excited! Then next Thursday are transfers.. I am not sure exactly when we are going to figure out.  I am sad that I have to leave that family though after I just met them (Assuming I am leaving) BUt the truth is I would not mind staying.. I really just want to stay in the city. It is going to be hard to leave here.   Well I am about to fall asleep in my chair. lol! and I still need to email dad. Mom just chat with me lol! So everyone have a good week! I will talk to you soon! Oh yeah! Yankees game next Wednesday! I am excited! :) I miss sports! Love you all! :)   Love Mark! :) And yeah I heard from Tre it sounded like he was pretty content with what was going on. so I am happy for him!  So to answer your questions...  1. THe bronx is going good. The people are crazy and life here is very fast paced.  2. THe weather stinks today, it has been raining for the past 2 days. 3. THings could be better with my comp. But nothing to complain about. :)  4. Just invite Melissa over for Dinner sometime. :)  5. We are teaching Norgeli. She will get baptized on Saturday. We also found this guy named Quincy Jones last week.  Haha weirdly enough he is spanish. But he is cool, he is really receptive to the Gospel and is eager to read the Book of Mormon.  6. Teaching is going well! Spanish is coming along much better.  7. and yes we are going to the Yankees game this next wednesday!  So I have a question. My damaged Ipod Nano. Do you guys still have it?? haha sorry that was random but I would really like to know. Well Grandma is in my prayers. I hope she gets better soon... Tell her I say Hello and that I love her! As well as Grandpa. Well I love you Dad! Have a great week! I will talk to you soon! Love Mark! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment