Thursday, June 7, 2012

Just as Happy as Could Be


Good day everybody!
So first things first before I forget if you could please ask Mark for his address and let him know that I have a Birthday card I have been wanting to send him for like 2 weeks,and also check and see if Bryan got the stuff that I sent him. That would be just fantastic :)
Well not much is up! Just doing missionary work. Life stays Generally about the same lol! But I am good! As I told you last week we are teaching this girl named Norgeli! She is 11 and is really cool. The family is Dominican. The Mom and other kids are less active and now deciding to come back to church. I really have fallen in love with this family really fast. I have so much fun when we go over there. They have a Cocker Spaniel nambed Cucuto! haha He reminds me a little bit of Angel! But Norgeli is really cool. She is funny and she has a baptisimal date on the 17th of this month! :) So I am really happy I stayed 1 more cycle! And she is just so smart. She picks up on things so fast. She understands the plan of Salvation, and logically understands the Atonement very well. Now we just got to get her to the SPiritual side of it. But she is so cool. Everytime we are there I can feel the spirit really strong! It is amazing! Teaching her makes me feel like a Greeny again. So there home has kind of become a safe haven for me. It is really far away. Actually not in our area, but they want to go to our ward so we go up into Elder Lewis' and Aguilars area to teach them. But it is worth it. For the Feeling we have when we are there and for the food! I look forward to going there this Friday! :)  
Sounds like you guys are having a pretty nice summer! The weather is good! I am so glad that it has not gotten to hot! I am waiting until I get upstate for that to happen (So yes I think I am getting transfered.. I would prefer to stay in the City but I am willing and ready to do what the Lord/President ask of me :) )
But for real sounds like everything is going well at home. Sounds like Thomas is having fun and Todd is doing much better. I am going to write him this week. I really stink at it i Know. It really is just so hard sometimes lol! And no I don't know the kid that played on Todd's team last year considering I was not there lol! :P But that is good to hear. Give that boy a nice big bear hug for me. So what else is new?? anything. did Nicole end up seeing her parents or anything?? And mom have you checked my facebook in a while to see if I have gotten anything?? Please do and let me know if anyone has talked to me or messaged me.
Pday today we went to Manhattan to Costco again. Nobody wanted to buy steaks with me :( lol! Elder Lewis almost did but he backed out last minute. That pansy. lol! I was so excited to! So I ended up not gettting too much. But it was really nice to be back in Harlem. I had a lot of memories come back, just while walking through there for a couple of short minutes. I miss it a lot. I really want to finish my mission there. That place is like a 3rd home. next to STL and Louisiana. There are a lot of people that I really love there.
How is Dad doing? He is in Amsterdam??? Lucky guy! Thousands of the potheads around here would be jealous as heck! haha. J.k... but no they really would be... But that is cool. how long is he there for? I did not hear from him this week.

So on Monday we had Zone Conference with President and Sister Smith. It was really good! I really love the both of them. I feel like President and I have just started getting close and now he is going home :( I am going to miss them.. But it was a really uplifting conference. and just what I needed as well. But I think we still have one more meeting with him before he goes home as well as interviews. I really hope that you and Dad get to meet him at some point. He really is such a great guy. 
So if greg gets a car does that mean I get the Jetta?? lol! J.K. :P But really... :) And well I miss and love you guys! But there is not much more to say. I am doing great! Just as happy as could be and I hope all of you are as well! I miss and love you! Thank you for all that you do! I will see you soon! Have a great week! you are all in my prayers and God Bless! :)
Love, Marky Mattei! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment