Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Greatest Place in the World

Hey Momy and Gang!

How is everything going! This week has been really good! I have really been enjoying myself :) We had interviews with President Smith yesterday and that went really well! It is always nice just to sit down and talk with him one on one. He is a great guy and you can just feel the love that he has for you when he is talking to you! 

So things are going pretty tough! But it's all good! When Life gets hard we only get stronger! So it is for our benefit! Gisela dropped her baptism along with Jordy! That is just a really long story that I don't feel like getting into! Long story short they will be baptized soon enough! :) So Transfers are next week.. I just have the weird feeling that I am going to be training! :/ We will see! That would be nice, but also a challenge! But to be honest I really have no idea what is going to happen. So I will keep you all posted! Life is going good though! The weather is really nice and I just got done playing basketball. It's always really nice to play. It just kind of helps me feel like a real person again lol! Haha actually I played my first game of street ball last Friday when we had a Blitz ( When all the missionaries get together in one companionship's area and go knocking or contacting.) So we played with these kids here in Harlem! Barely lost and gave them our card lol! There was a big crowd watching. To see 3 white guys playing in the Bronx would probably be pretty rare to see if you were from here! \

(The following is in response to my suggestion that our family might go home to New Orleans next year for Mardi Gras.  I was concerned that if  Mark had just gotten home, the experience might be a little bit too much for a newly returned missionary.  Greg was pretty much in shell shock the week after coming home and attending a Kenny Chesney concert with me.  As it turns out - Mark will not even be home next Mardi Gras - but his response is rather telling!)  
haha speaking of which.. Mom going to Mardi Gras after my mission would be a relaxing time.. I am in the Bronx and Harlem.. I did not serve in Boise like Greg lol! A Kenny Chesney concert would be peace! lol! I see things everyday that would scare the living heck out of you! lol! You would have your hands over my eyes 24/7 lol! So no.. That would not be bad.. I have seen SO Many things! Nudity, Crime, Drunkeness, you name it I have seen it haha! But I cant help but love it here and love the people. I seriously do think NYC is the greatest place in the World! :) ... But at the same time one of the worst lol! I just love the people no matter who they are! They have all just grown up in really hard circumstances! There is just something about this place! Just walking the streets you can feel something... And you don't need to be in Time Square, strolling down Broadway, or laying on the grass overlooking the Statue of Liberty in Battery Park to feel it! I feel it in the Bronx and I feel it in Harlem. This city just has a Beat that keeps on going, and never ends. It really never does sleep. It is always on the move. People here know nothing else. This is home. This is life. The World is New York City to these people! 

Well like I said weather has been nice.. Still like no SNOW! I am really upset! I am just waiting to use those Tank Boots Brother Furniss gave me again! They just plow through things lol!



So Cindy was baptized last Saturday in Harlem. I tried to get permission to got  but I was denied. But it is all good! :) I am just really happy for her! She is an awesome person and I am glad she has taken that step in her life! So we are working hard. Trying to work smart! I think the hardest thing has been that we don't really have very much member support in our area. We have one active member a lesson a week if we  are lucky! lol! 
 
So did both of the Sister Missionaries get transfered or just one of them?? I am confused. They just got there didn't they?? Yeah Transfers are stressfull.. I don't think I have ever met a missionary who goes to bed at 10:30 the night before lol! It's a long night! Well Elder Burley went home?? Wow.. Crazy! time flies! I wrote a letter to Tyler Nash today! His name is Tyler right?? haha I am going to feel dumb if it isn't... 

Well I love you all very much! But I also love the people here! I miss home, but I am going to miss this when it is gone! I have a year left and I am going to make the best of it! Thank you all so much for your prayers and support! I really appreciate it! :) I hope you all have a great week! Take care and God Bless! 

Love, Mark! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment