Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February in the Bronx

Hello Everyone!! :) 

How is everything going?? Apart from you all being sick? That really is a bummer! So that is really good to hear about Nicole! I really am so happy for her! She is going to cherish her baptism so much! So are her and Greg still doing fine?? What all is going on with them? 

So I am not sure if I will get to go back for Cindy's baptism! (Elder Mattei taught Cindy in his last area, Harlem) I really really hope I do! I know she said she was going to talk to President Smith personally about it! And I am going to talk to him really soon when we have interviews! So I will probably mention it to him then! But I would really love to see that :) It would mean a lot to me! 

So Cynthia.. she is not progressing. She feels the Spirit a ton! Which is great! But she is not willing to act upon it! I think we might me dropping her sometime really soon :( I hate doing that! i think that is one of the hardest things for me to do as a missionary. I just always feel kind of bad. But people have their agency, and we need to let them use it you know?

But on the other hand, Gisela is doing really well! Talk about a miracle! Uh.. Last week we were on a split. I was with Elder Sayao and we were teaching her. She stopped us in the middle of what we were talking about and just looked at me and said "When you talk I feel peace, as if I am the only one in the world. The Spirit has never touched me like this."  Then she said "It just touches my heart." And she looked at Elder Sayao and said " He has something really special about him." It was very humbling. When we were saying the prayer to leave I started crying. I am just so happy that the Lord has chosen to act through me. I know it was nothing I did. It just really has strenthened my testimony that God really does call us to certain places for certain reasons and there could have been anyone in the world to teach her. And he chose me. I now feel that me getting white washed out of Harlem happened for a reason. Well then she came to church on Sunday and stayed for a Linger Longer  and A Fireside after! 5 hours! I was worried that she would feel like it was way too long lol! But no, she called us the next day and thanked us for taking her to church and knocking on her door! And not only did she love church- both of her kids loved it as well. And that the one that is 12, Jordy wants to be baptized! So they will both be getting baptized on the 25th of Feb! :) She is really quite an amazing person! I am so grateful that I get to play a part in her life! 

So then the other day we were talking with a member in Elder Lewis's ward and she was telling us about problems she was having with one of her kids. I just felt the Spirit touch me and say, "Never treat your mom like that again" So I got on my knees that night and promised that I would never talk to you badly or talk back to you again Mommy! :) It was really cool! It really was like a whisper like everyone says it is! :) I felt so bad for the lady though! :( She does not do everything right, I can see that. But she deserves better than how is sounds like her kid is treating her. If I saw him, I would just be so tempted to knock him right in his face. 

So yeah I got Melissa some gifts. Nothing too big! I really want to send her some flowers though! So I am going to try and find a website that will let me do that! :) But yeah I got the King Cake and the Ties! Thank you guys so much! I really liked it! Its was a little hard, but we still ate it! It was really good! :) Well! Not much more to say! I love you all so much! Thank you for your support and everything you do! Have Greg write me! I have gotten 1 written letter from him in the past 2 1/2 years! lol! Well Much love Take care Bye! 

Love, Mark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment